You are currently browsing the monthly archive for October 2011.
It’s been a few months since we last posted about GiveBIG, and we thought it was about time for an update! There have been a few developments since June 23:
1. Nonprofit Survey Results: Following GiveBIG, we asked for your comments on the event through an online survey and got some great feedback–thank you to all of you who filled out the survey. While we apologize that we haven’t been able to respond to everyone individually who provided their contact information for feedback, we want you to know that your comments were definitely read and reviewed seriously. We compiled a summary document of the survey results (see GiveBIG 2011 Survey Results), but we’d also like to fill you in on the main themes that came up in the survey:
- Fees: No one likes them, but they are inevitable. We realize this is a major issue for nonprofits and donors alike and we are exploring ways to lessen the burden. Our online donations provider, Click & Pledge, has already committed to lowering the rate to 3.99% + .25 per transaction (instead of 4.5%) for all nonprofits who have signed up for Click & Pledge through our site — effective October 1. (More on this below!)
- Stretch pool: We received both positive and negative comments about the stretch pool — many thought it was the reason why the event was so successful, while others thought that it was not big enough, did not create not enough incentive, and was hard to explain how it worked to donors. We are very grateful to the gracious corporate sponsors who supported the stretch pool, and believe it was the cornerstone of GiveBIG’s success.
- Unity/collaboration: We were blown away by all the positive comments indicating that this brought together our area’s nonprofits and donors in a way that hasn’t happened before, as well as increased the community’s awareness of philanthropy and the needs of nonprofit organizations.
- Timing: In general, it seems as if June was a good time to hold this event, although many people indicated that they would have preferred if it happened earlier in the month or even in May.
- Communications: We tried our best to get the word out about GiveBIG to as many nonprofit organizations in the area as possible, but we realize that there were organizations that we did not reach. Many of you indicated that you would have liked more advance notice for planning purposes. This leads us to answering one of your most common questions…
2. Is GiveBIG happening again next year?
The answer is, YES! So mark your calendars for GiveBIG, Spring 2012! We are really excited already to see what Year 2 brings. We are aiming for a May or early June date but the exact date is yet to be determined. As our partnership with Seattle Sounders FC comes together over the next several months, we’ll have a better idea of when GiveBIG 2012 will happen. (It will again coincide with a Sounders FC match.)
3. More on online donations: As mentioned above, if you have gone through the process of signing up to receive online donations through our website, then the rate is now 3.99% + .25 per transaction (instead of 4.5%). If you have not yet signed up for your own Click & Pledge account through our website, now is the time to do it before GiveBIG 2012! For more information on signing up, please see more on receiving online donations on our website.
How do you know if your nonprofit is already signed up to receive online donations via Click & Pledge? The easiest way is to find your nonprofit profile on our website at
(you can search for it in the upper righthand corner of the page) and mouse over the “Donate Now” button at the top of the page. If the dropdown box gives the option to “Make a Credit Card Donation,” then you are set up with Click & Pledge. (See examples)