Here’s a fun way to get in on the GiveBIG action—your Instagram photos and videos will be shared as part of our Facebook page, Facebook tab (https://www.facebook.com/TheSeattleFoundation/app_433708490054986), on our website, and more!
Show us the people in your life that are making our community and our world a little better. Post a picture on Instagram of your hero and rally your friends to support a cause you care about (including your own nonprofit, of course!). Here are some simple things you can do:
- Encourage supporters to download the free Instagram app and register (http://instagram.com).
- Get supporters familiar with using the hashtag #GiveBIG on Instagram too, for any images they snap that are related to GiveBIG inspirations.
- Use the Amaro filter for any #GiveBIG Instagram posts – for a look and feel consistent with other GiveBIG materials.
- Start posting and sharing with your networks.
- <picture of your mother> Helen is giving to Great Grannies Network on May 15. She’s my hero. #GiveBIG
- <picture of kids> Mountaintop Mentors helps kids flex their genius. Donate on GiveBIG day, May 15. #GiveBIG
Several nonprofits have already made great videos and we would love to encourage you make a short video (shorter is usually better) about:
- A specific nonprofit organization (if it’s not your own nonprofit, please contact them first!).
- A type of nonprofit or issue (food banks, homelessness, healthcare, the arts, etc.).
- The event itself—one day of giving with all organizations that receive donations getting a portion of a stretch pool to make gifts go even further.
We’ll will feature some of the best YouTube videos on our Facebook page and website that are tagged #GiveBIG.
SOCIAL MEDIA VISUALIZATION
Our Facebook page will feature a live stream of content from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Vine (must be public and hash-tagged #GiveBIG).
We’d love to see your creative content appear—whether it’s text, video or images!